It is several years since I came to Christian Science...

It is several years since I came to Christian Science for healing. A physician who had been giving me treatments said the ailment was ulcerated stomach. These treatments I took twice a week for about two months, when I realized that I was growing weaker daily. I was very thin, weighing only eighty-four pounds, which was at least twenty pounds less than I formerly weighed. I could eat only a very small amount of food; and as I was trying to do most of my work and to care for three little ones, I could not have stood these conditions very much longer.

One day, when I was feeling very much discouraged, I was led by the earnest entreaties of my husband to consent to Christian Science treatment. I had always been bitterly opposed to what I supposed this religion to be; but as soon as I had given my consent I felt a wonderful sense of peace and relief, as if some barrier against which I had been pushing had suddenly given way. The next day I was worse than ever and spent the day in bed. I read what Christian Science literature we had in the house, sent us by my husband's sister. I understood little, but longed to get a copy of the textbook, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" by Mary Baker Eddy, so often mentioned in this literature. A few days later I took two little children, one a heavy baby, and went to a city over three hundred miles away to the home of this sister. Strength was given me to do this. On reaching her home I was lovingly received; and the next day help was asked of a dear practitioner, and treatment was given. I was helped immediately, and that day was able to eat what was set before me. In two weeks, with the help of the practitioner, I was able to leave this home, and in a short time was stronger than ever before. I now weigh one hundred and eighteen pounds, and scarcely know what it is to be tired. I have also been healed of chronic constipation.

Other healings have come to our family. The most wonderful was the healing of my husband, who was in the last stages of tuberculosis. A doctor gave him only two weeks to live; but we thank God that the case was in the hands of the Great Physician, who never fails. He regained his health and strength in a very short time, has worked since June, 1924, at mason work, and has no sign of the old complaint.

Enjoy 1 free Sentinel article or audio program each month, including content from 1898 to today.

Testimony of Healing
Having suffered for six or seven years from an abdominal...
March 31, 1928

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.