One Saturday afternoon, right after dinner, my little girl,...

One Saturday afternoon, right after dinner, my little girl, then two years old, sucked the top off of twenty-seven blue-tip matches. My husband is opposed to Christian Science, so I telephoned at once to a doctor, who came immediately and gave the child some medicine. He said she might not feel the effects of the poison for several days, but if she were take with convulsions or bowel trouble, no time should be lost in calling a doctor. The following Monday night she went into a state of coma, from which it was impossible to rouse her, although she vomited every hour or so. My husband would not believe this was caused by the matches, so long a time had elapsed, but said to wait until morning and he would call a doctor. Early the next morning I took the child into another room, and I felt that her case was desperate. I thereupon telephoned a Christian Science practitioner, telling her how the case stood, and she said she would begin treatment right away.

When my husband came into the room and saw how serious conditions were, he hurried to call a doctor, but for some reason could not make connections. When he came back up-stairs the baby opened her eyes and asked for a drink. She seemed pretty well all that day, but the next morning lapsed into a state of coma again. The practitioner, however, told us not to be alarmed, for Truth had roused her once and could do so again, and Truth did. The child continued to improve, and in three days, when I took her to see the practitioner, she was all right.

NEXT IN THIS ISSUE
Testimony of Healing
My first reading in the Christian Science literature taught...
October 30, 1915
Contents

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.

Submit