On Thanksgiving night, 1905, I was at a friend's house,...

On Thanksgiving night, 1905, I was at a friend's house, and as it was very cold I was advised to take a hot-water bottle to bed with me. This I did, and the water was at the boiling point. I was a trained nurse, and had been using hot-water bottles for the past twelve years, but I do not think that I had ever put boiling water in a rubber bottle before. I had no sooner got into bed than the bottle burst, and I was scalded on the left side from hip to foot, while from the knee down the flesh was burned quite deep, and my right leg was scalded from the knee to the foot. Large blisters formed all around where the skin was off.

My friend telephoned to a Christian Science practitioner, who came at once. This was at ten in the evening, and at one o'clock in the morning I was easy and asleep. When I awakened in the morning, I found the blisters and the raw flesh, but to my surprise there was no pain or inflammation. I arose and sewed all day, and the following Monday went out to nurse a case of typhoid fever. The healing was complete, but at that time I knew very little about Christian Science and had a fear of poisoning, so I had treatment for a week. I am now convinced that the healing was done that night.

August 21, 1915
Contents

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.

Submit