I did not come to Christian Science seeking healing...

I did not come to Christian Science seeking healing, although I have since had ample proof of its practicability, during many years' study of it. The first proof witnessed in our family was the marked improvement in my sister's health, after many years of semi-invalidism. Her complete healing did not take place, however, until a year later.

During the period of seemingly slow progress, though with promise always ahead, my brother was taken ill with an attack of tonsillitis, his condition steadily growing worse under medical treatment. The doctor was very faithful in his efforts to alleviate the sufferings of the patient, but was finally forced to admit that nothing more could be done. He had tried every known remedy. In this extremity, when the patient was but partially conscious, Christian Science treatment was asked for. It wa several hours before a practitioner's services could be procured; but we used the slight knowledge of Truth we had gained until the radiant face of the practitioner appeared at the door of the sick chamber bringing hope and the sweet assurance of a rapid recovery. In less than half an hour after she spoke the word, the patient was up and dressed and eating a hearty meal, the first food he had eaten for days. Prior to this time, I had been wavering in my faith, but I now had proof positive of the healing power of Christian Science.

Soon after this an aunt, eighty-five years of age, who was living with us, fell while carrying boiling water from the stove to the table and sustained severe burns and a bad cut on the back of her head. Christian Science was again applied, and all the painful effects were overcome in less than an hour. After a few days the redness disappeared and the wound was beautifully healed without leaving a scar. Before we came into Christian Science a doctor had said of this aunt that her heart was in a very serious condition and that we need not be surprised if she dropped off at any minute. About a year after her first healing she was seized with a very severe attack of heart trouble and seemed to be passing away when the practitioner arrived; but with her loving aid, the dear one became perfectly normal in less than fifteen minutes. This was the end of the heart trouble.

Enjoy 1 free Sentinel article or audio program each month, including content from 1898 to today.

Testimony of Healing
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden...
April 2, 1927

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.