We wish to express in this way our gratitude to God for...

We wish to express in this way our gratitude to God for benefits received in Christian Science. In June, 1909, my husband came home about five o'clock one afternoon, saying he had fallen and hurt his shoulder. I went for a Christian Science practitioner, and was told she was out of town; so I returned home and began to treat him myself. This was on Thursday, and I sent word for the Scientist to come to me as soon as she returned. When I assisted my husband to prepare for bed, the appearance of the shoulder indicated that a bone was out of place. This was about nine o'clock, and he had eaten his supper and was quite comfortable, but we felt that it would be better to call a doctor. I asked a neighbor to telephone for a doctor, as we were strangers in the town. The man said he would attend to everything, and I went home. We waited for two hours, but no one came, so as my husband was not suffering any pain he went to bed and slept all night.

In the morning the neighbor came in very early to see how we were, and was much surprised that the doctor had not been there, as they had left the message for him to come when he returned home. He was again called and came in a little while. He said that he would have to get another doctor to help him. This was done, and after the shoulder was set my husband was dressed and about the house the rest of the day. One of the doctors remarked while they were setting the bone that it was strange there was no discoloration, and the other one said, "Wait till tomorrow and it will be black." There was, however, no pain, soreness, or discoloration. We had to do our work in Christian Science alone till Sunday, when our friends came to us. My husband went back to his work in six weeks after the accident, and although he had heavy lifting to do, he did not suffer in any way.

Some months after this, my husband came home in the forenoon suffering from a sudden attack of illness. He was unable to speak plainly and he could not understand what I was saying to him. I put him to bed, and I had to leave him alone when I went to summon a practitioner. In less than an hour she was with us, and when we went into his room he recognized the lady and I saw he looked better. At noon he got up, dressed, and ate dinner. He went to the reading-room in the evening and continued to improve steadily. He went to work the Monday following the Wednesday on which he had the shock. I will not speak of the alarming appearance he had when he came home, but will say that the action of the bowels which had stopped became normal in a few hours, and he has remained well.

Enjoy 1 free Sentinel article or audio program each month, including content from 1898 to today.

Testimony of Healing
The peace and joy which has come to me through the...
June 3, 1911

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.