Many years ago, while serving as a laboratory technician in the...

Many years ago, while serving as a laboratory technician in the United States Army Medical Corps, I accidentally ingested cyanide during a laboratory test. But I had no fear.

I was ordered to report for sick call, and once there I was informed that I was to be sent to the hospital for treatment. I did not wait for the transfer but went to the Chief of Medical Service. He sent me home with written instructions on how to care for myself. No medication was given, ordered, or taken. I then put in for a discharge from the service.

This is the end of the issue. Ready to explore further?
April 15, 1985
Contents

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.

Submit