I send this testimony, trusting it may command the attention...

I send this testimony, trusting it may command the attention of some one who is struggling against discouragement and doubt and lead him to turn from mortal beliefs to the healing fount of Truth.

For several years I suffered from a disease which kept reappearing with periods of intense suffering, at times of weeks' duration. I sojourned in several states and was attended by the best medical talent available, including doctors and specialists said to be at the head of their profession; but I continued in spite of their efforts to drift into a worse condition, until life seemed a burden and all hope fled. Their attempts to relieve my sufferings included two hospital experiences, one of which put me through a major surgical operation without avail, and the end seemed to have been reached. When it was proven both to their satisfaction and to mine that their efforts were futile, the last physicians reluctantly admitted that their profession could offer me nothing further, and advised my wife to have my earthly affairs put in order, as the end was inevitable and the probability that I would be spared to see the dawn of 1913 was apparently very remote.

A year previous, we had been advised by prominent physicians, that if I survived it would be to become paralyzed and helpless, and with this latest dictum—knowing as we did that the resources of materia medica had been exhausted—to mortal thought the sentence imposed upon me was final. But here, though in our deep discouragement we knew it not, dawned the ray of light which was to prove again, as it has so often through the ages, that "man's extremity is God's opportunity," and also the truth of Mrs. Eddy's statement, "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need" (Science and Health, p. 494). The light came through a very dear friend of former years, a Christian Scientist, residing in a distant city. She was communicated with, and responded at once with absent treatments. Suffice it to say, that though I was in another state, marked improvement was noted in my condition from the day and hour treatment was begun. In four days, for the first time in five weeks, mechanical means were unnecessary and normal action of the system was restored, and within a week I walked down-town, to the amazement of many who had expected never to see me again; while in thirty days I was able to report for duty in anticipation of resuming my vocation.

Enjoy 1 free Sentinel article or audio program each month, including content from 1898 to today.

Testimony of Healing
I want to express my thankfulness to God, and my gratitude...
November 14, 1914

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.