Over two years ago I was exposed to a carbon...

Over two years ago I was exposed to a carbon monoxide leak which had gone undetected in a trailer home. In a short time I collapsed and became unconscious. When the situation was discovered, an ambulance was called by the police, and I was taken to a hospital. My family told the hospital staff that I was a Christian Scientist and would not wish medical treatment. The staff was not willing to release me, but in less than two days I was able to sign myself out and was taken home.

During two nights I suffered severe chest pains. My sister sat by my bed declaring spiritual truths until I was relieved. The next day we decided to call a friend, a Christian Science practitioner who lived in another state. She reminded us of Christ Jesus' words (Mark 16:17, 18), "And these signs shall follow them that believe; ... if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them." To us this meant also that if they breathe "any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them." After I'd thought about this truth, the pain did not return.

NEXT IN THIS ISSUE
Testimony of Healing
A number of years ago a group of doctors at an asthma clinic...
May 9, 1983
Contents

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.

Submit