Two years ago, while reading the Lesson-Sermon before...

Two years ago, while reading the Lesson-Sermon before retiring for the night, my daughter, who lived in the same house, came down to speak with me and said there was a peculiar odor in the house, as though gas were escaping from the heater. I smelled nothing, but as the stove was giving more heat than I cared for, I closed the dampers and retired. When the alarm clock rang at five a.m. Sunday, I tried to turn off the switch, but had been so overcome with gas from the stove that in doing so I fell out of bed and lay on the floor. Somewhat later my dog, which I keep in the kitchen overnight, kept up a continual barking. I heard him, but it seemed as though I could not wake up. I finally realized my condition, held to the truth that God is our Life, and managed to crawl from one room to another and open doors and windows. Then I dressed myself and succeeded in getting up-stairs to my daughter's door.

Here I collapsed, and a neighbor and she managed to get me inside and on a chair. They found me stiff and cold, and put me to bed, while I was declaring the truth continually. My husband, who worked nights at the time, came home about eight o'clock, and on learning from my daughter of the conditions, was much distressed; but I told him to be thankful that God had wakened me from a bad dream and that I was able to eat breakfast with him. After breakfast, we read the Lesson-Sermon, and in the evening I attended service at Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, of which I am a member, all ill effects from the gas having passed away.

NEXT IN THIS ISSUE
Article
FROM OUR EXCHANGES
March 29, 1913
Contents

We'd love to hear from you!

Easily submit your testimonies, articles, and poems online.

Submit