Are you sure?
This bookmark will be removed from all folders and any saved notes will be permanently removed.
The Christian Science Monitor Daily News Briefing coming soon to JSH-Online
In a 1908 editorial introducing The Christian Science Monitor, the Editor in Chief, Archibald McLellan, wrote, "It is intended that the Monitor ... will appeal to good men and women everywhere who are interested in the betterment of all human conditions and the moral and spiritual advancement of the race."
Beginning October 15, The Christian Science Monitor Daily News Briefing will be added to JSH-Online as a new feature for all subscribers. This synopsis of the news has been delivered to subscribers daily since 2009. For those who are familiar, and may already subscribe, the Daily News Briefing will continue to be available as a unique subscription at its current price of $5.75/month.
For those who are new to this product you might ask — "What is the Daily News Briefing?"
- The Daily News Briefing is a daily (5-day-a-week) digest of the most relevant Monitor news stories.
- It offers a lens into the Monitor’s editorial thinking. It shows what the editors view as world issues that need our prayerful support.
- It features an introduction into the day’s news from the Editor, and includes abridged versions of the most important articles, the daily Monitor editorial, and the daily “Christian Science perspective.”
- It will now be accessible to JSH-Online subscribers from the homepage. It also includes a searchable archive and a new online-friendly format that is easy to read on computers, tablets, or smartphones. The PDF of each issue will still be available and can be downloaded for 90 days.
- JSH-Online subscribers will receive an early morning email with a link directly to the current issue.
It shows what the editors view as world issues that need our prayerful support.
Five days a week, Monitor editors select relevant stories and provide an editorial focus that gives context to the news. This is a timely, convenient way to stay current on world events, to understand issues and ideas that can use prayerful attention. These brief articles include links to full articles if you want to dive deeper.
We hope you’ll enjoy the addition of The Christian Science Monitor Daily News Briefing, and will use it to help you understand and pray for events around the world.