Are you sure?
This bookmark will be removed from all folders and any saved notes will be permanently removed.
In Science and Health Mrs. Eddy tells us that "only through...
In Science and Health Mrs. Eddy tells us that "only through radical reliance on Truth can scientific healing power be realized" (p. 167). I would like to testify to the proof I have had that radical reliance on Truth heals.
Last winter I was healed of deafness, and was able to take off a hearing aid I had found necessary to wear in order to hold my secretarial position. I hadn't been able to hear voices or noises of any kind, and at the office I couldn't hear my telephone and buzzer, which were set up especially loud by the telephone company. It was suggested several times that I should have a medical examination. This I refused, but I did recognize that in all fairness to my employers I must do something, and a hearing aid seemed the answer. When I purchased it, I was told that 75 percent of my hearing was lost and I would eventually lose the remaining 25 percent. I couldn't accept this, and I didn't repeat the prediction to anyone.
I was very grateful for the good prayerful treatment I received from Christian Science practitioners, but I felt I needed to continue the work for myself. I really prayed to gain a clearer understanding of my spiritual identity as an idea of God. I knew that all things are possible with God and I could expect to have complete healing. Christ Jesus said, "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32). Mrs. Eddy's definition of "ears" is (Science and Health, p. 585): "Not organs of the so-called corporeal senses, but spiritual understanding. "Jesus said, referring to spiritual perception, 'Having ears, hear ye not?' (Mark viii. 18.)" I realized that if I actually knew and spiritually understood the truth, the truth would make me free.
Enjoy 1 free Sentinel article or audio program each month, including content from 1898 to today.
The Science Jesus Practiced
JACK EDWARD FOSS
From Changed Concepts, Better Bodies
ELIZABETH LOVE ROTHE
Loving Ourselves More
Ann C. Stewart
Shall We Stick It Out?
HAMILTON KILLEN, JR.
Less Talk, More Communication
ELIZABETH CARROLL DeWINDT
I Was Living on Campus
EVAN DAVID TAUSCH
What Are You Expecting?
HELEN R. CONROYD
God Is Good
Melinda Sue Updike (written at age 9)
Is Human Approval Really Necessary?
Self-knowledge: An Essential
Geoffrey J. Barratt
Over a rather long period of time, the belief of being an inadequate...
Aletha Booth with contributions from Timothy R. Booth
My mother found Christian Science before I was born, and my...
Elizabeth White, Georgianna W. Mays
In Acts we read (17:22, 23): "Then Paul stood in the midst of...
Elvira L. Lone de Sosa