On this edition of Sentinel Watch, our guests discuss how to seek and find companionship and lasting love—with or without a dating app. They share how they have found a peaceful feeling of already being loved when turning to God in prayer about companionship. They explain how looking for God’s spiritual qualities in others, instead of looking to a personality or material characteristics, has led to a deeper sense of God’s love and direction in their lives.
So, to hear how you can feel a deeper sense of God’s love, companionship, and direction in your life, tune in to the next edition of Sentinel Watch—a weekly production of the Christian Science Sentinel.
“Metaphysics resolves things into thoughts, and exchanges the objects of sense for the ideas of Soul.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 269:14)
- “Personality is not the individuality of man. A wicked man may have an attractive personality.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 491:25)
- “Beauty, wealth, or fame is incompetent to meet the demands of the affections, and should never weigh against the better claims of intellect, goodness, and virtue.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 57:15–18)
- “Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.” (Matthew 6:8)
- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalms 23:1)
- “Desire is prayer; and no loss can occur from trusting God with our desires, that they may be moulded and exalted before they take form in words and in deeds.” (Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p. 1:11)