Every moment of every day we each have lots of thoughts. Nice thoughts that make us feel happy and loved. And sometimes thoughts that aren’t so nice.
How do you know which thoughts are God’s thoughts?
In the Bible, God says, “I know the thoughts that I think toward you,… thoughts of peace, and not of evil” (Jeremiah 29:11).
These good thoughts coming from God will never stop. They are everywhere, and they are powerful, because God’s thoughts are real. They make us feel loved and safe. They keep us kind and healthy.
Thoughts that make us feel bad are not God’s thoughts, and they are not our friends. If thoughts are not from Love, God, they are not kind and good, and we don’t have to listen to them.
You know thoughts are from God, Love, when they feel
- curious, like a little fox
- quiet, like someone listening
- generous, like wanting to share
- sure, like a promise kept
- beautiful, like a reflection in a pond
- comfy, like a warm blanket
- happy, like a day by the sea
- grand, like the big mountains
- swift, like a bird flying high
- humorous, like a butterfly on a frog
- harmonious, like people singing
- healing, like a heart saying “yes!”
You can listen for God’s thoughts and feel God’s love every day!
Access more great content like this
Welcome to JSH-Online, the home of the digital editions of The Christian Science Journal, Sentinel, and Herald. We hope you enjoy the content that has been shared with you. To learn more about JSH-Online visit our Learn More page or Subscribe to receive full access to the entire archive of these periodicals, and to new text and audio content added daily.