Starting with the first issue of 2021, the digital and print Sentinel will have a new look. The refreshed design and content continue to fulfill the Sentinel’s mission “to hold guard over Truth, Life, and Love” (Mary Baker Eddy, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany, p. 353). They share the Christian and scientific understanding of God in ways that will reach people today.
Here are a few new things you’ll see when you access your first 2021 Sentinel:
- The Sentinel will have an up-to-date presence both online and in print—two ways of delivering one periodical via the platforms people use to access and share information today.
- The digital Sentinel will be able to give a timely response, sometimes overnight, to humanity’s current needs and challenges.
- The digital interface of the online Sentinel is very user-friendly. You’ll be able to easily find the current week’s issue and scan the contents for what you want to read or listen to. It will also be readable on every kind of digital device.
- The dimensions of the print Sentinel will be slightly larger than its current size, allowing for a very readable layout throughout the magazine. The digital format has a printable version that is a good size for printing at home.
- The Sentinel will have a range of familiar features. You’ll still find articles for teens or kids, the Bible Lens, and the “More of what you love” column in every issue. And new columns, such as “Glimpses of Truth,” “Healing Snapshots,” and a revived “Signs of the Times,” will rotate in.
- Editorials and testimonies of healing may often be shorter—and start on the front page—to get to the heart of how Christian Science transforms thoughts and lives.
We look forward to sharing more specifics about what’s coming for Sentinel 2021 in future “Continuing the Conversation” columns—and we welcome your thoughts and questions at any point along the way. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susan Stark, Managing Editor
Access more great content like this
Welcome to JSH-Online, the home of the digital editions of The Christian Science Journal, Sentinel, and Herald. We hope you enjoy the content that has been shared with you. To learn more about JSH-Online visit our Learn More page or Subscribe to receive full access to the entire archive of these periodicals, and to new text and audio content added daily.